One in two human beings will have a heart attack or stroke. In fact, nearly twice as many adults die of cardiovascular disease than all forms of cancer. Find out if you are at high risk. Begin by asking your cardiologist these 9 important questions.
- What is coronary heart disease?
- Do I have any major risk factors?
- If I hold a positive family history of heart attack, am I at greater risk?
- What is my blood pressure, cholesterol, level, body mass index and blood sugar level?
- If I smoke, what is the best means for me to quit?
- How much physical activity should I be doing?
- What is a heart-healthy diet plan for me?
- What are the warning signals of a heart attack?Are they any different for adult females and elderly?
- What screening or diagnostic tests for heart disease do I require?