Online medical consulting is a fast-growing sector in medicine. The obvious advantage is convenience. In today’s fast paced lifestyle, that is an important benefit. However, getting the best result for your specific issue must be primary. For that, nothing beats a face to face discussion and examination with a qualified physician.
There is,however, a valid place for online consulting and I will give you the pros and cons as it pertains to Cardiology Consultation . Heart Specialists, like all other medical professionals, must keep up with the latest methods of enhancing patient care.Offering Cardiac Consultation is one more way patients can get second opinions or further information about the cardiac issue they are facing.
That’s what happened when Andrea Lachman decided to seek an online second opinion. In her 40s, Lachman was diagnosed with a common heart condition called mitral valve prolapse which often requires no treatment except routine examinations. In some cases, medication is used. Last summer, during a routine checkup, her local cardiologist told her she required surgery. “I was absolutely terrified,” says Lachman. “I was feeling fine, and I just didn’t understand why surgery was recommended. I had absolutely no confidence in the treatment plan.”
As she was cruising the Internet looking for information, Lachman came across a heading that read, “Consultant Cardiologist.” So, she decided to get a second opinion. She believes her persistence paid off. Based on her medical records, the heart specialist she contacted for another opinion told her she didn’t require surgery, at least for now. “I was absolutely thrilled,” says Lachman. The hardest part of the experience was collecting her medical records. But once she got through that, “I felt empowered,” she says.
What is a cardiovascular consultation?
A cardiac consultation is an appointment with a cardiologist during which you discuss your heart health, as well as any factors that may influence your cardiovascular system.
Some of the Pros of Online Cardiac Consultation
Although I believe strict regulatory guidance and administration is required to help patients avoid online frauds, there are some clear advantages of online Cardiac Consultations.
• No Location Boundaries. This may be the most important advantage of these services. You gain access to well-respected doctors, from far and wide, that otherwise would not be available to you.
• Better than Self-Diagnosis. Relying on health and medical information provided by internet searches to self-diagnose your condition can be dangerous and misleading.
• Slightly Better than Telemedicine Services. Online doctor consultations have a slight advantage over telemedicine. You can take your time to write a detailed description of your condition. Also, you can submit your previous and current medical reports.
• 24/7 Health Support. Most online health service providers offer twenty-four-hour access to doctor consultation and the convenience of receiving important information without leaving home.
Some Cons of Online Cardiac Consultation
• Violation of privacy is a common issue in cyber space. It is important for the person seeking medical advice to research the site and the doctor carefully.
• The fact that there is no physical examination involved in the consultation can be a negative. Doctors are highly skilled at determining what is wrong with you by assessing your appearance and physically examining your body.
• Not all insurance companies cover online consultations so it is wise to check before deciding to use one.
• While the idea of tapping into the knowledge and expertise of specialists at other locations is appealing, the process can be cumbersome. Gathering the necessary medical records can involve calls and visits to several of your providers’ offices.
• In a world where hackers seem to rule, it can be risky to give an online medical practice your personal details so choose who you use carefully.
Reputable online doctors understand that your health is vitally important to you. They will respect your privacy and go the extra mile to ensure that you are 100% confident before offering an opinion. They will thoughtfully review the facts and tests they have been given to give you their best opinion on how they would handle your case.